Skip To Content

Glynn Standifer

Glynn Standifer found South University already knowing that she wanted to earn her Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) online.1 2 After her research and talking with our Admissions team, she decided that our online MSN with a specialization in Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) was the right program for her. After completing the MSN FNP program in 2019, Glynn decided to advance her education further and is now a student in our Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program.

“My future goal is to open my own FNP medical clinic,3” shares Glynn. “The additional education can only improve my knowledge and skills. Prior to retirement, my goal is to teach on a collegiate level within a nursing program.”

While pursuing her education, Glynn has had a lot going on in her personal life, including undergoing cancer treatments. “I would take my laptop to treatments so I could read and complete assignments,” she shares. “Many barriers and challenges have come across my life, but I am determined, and nothing is going to stop me from achieving my goals and earning my degree.”

Throughout this time, Glynn kept the South University faculty and staff aware of what was happening. Working with this team of people who cared about her success has been instrumental in maintaining her academic progress. “The faculty and staff understand what students are going through for they too have had to cross barriers experienced by others,” she says. “They are easy to work with, and no faculty member is out to fail a student.”

In addition to being a nurse practitioner, Glynn is co-owner of USA Uniforms Scrubs Accessories. Based on her experience at the school, Glynn has encouraged many of her healthcare and nursing co-workers to pursue their degrees at South University. “It is no easy task, but you will graduate knowing the information and how to apply the information,” she says.

Want Us to Feature Your Story?

If you’re a South University grad and want to share your experiences and accomplishments, log in to our Alumni Site and click Share Your Story in the Alumni Success section.

--

1It is up to each student to review the national and state licensure requirements for licensure, as well as the eligibility criteria to sit for licensure exams. South University cannot guarantee each graduate will pass the required licensure examinations. Outside agencies control the requirements for taking and passing certification/licensing exams and are subject to change without notice to South University. Students must pass the required licensure to work in their respective field.

2Fully online programs can have a ground clinical or practicum experience.

3South University does not promise or guarantee licensure, employment, or salary amounts.

Testimonials have been provided by students/alumni in their own words and without coercion. This spotlight is based on information shared by Glynn Standifer in 2024.